Re: Help: Unable to get Ethernet Working

> Hello.
>
> I just installed 2.2r2 (kernel 2.2.18pre21) on a PowerMac clone using
> CDs.  I've been referencing the Ethernet-HOWTO and google.com, but I
> still can't seem to figure out what I am missing.
>
> I have a macally pci ethernet adapter.  Issuing cat /proc/pci yields
> the following concerning the card:
>
>   Bus  0, device  14, function  0:
>     Ethernet controller: Realtek 8029 (rev 0).
>       Medium devsel.  IRQ 25.
>       I/O at 0x400 [0x401].

I think cat's lying to you. I just bought a macally ethernet card for my
clone a month ago, and in the box was a floppy for PCs that included a linux
folder. I checked that out, and found out it was out of date but downloaded
a newer one from

http://www.scyld.com/network/rtl8139.html

(I'm sure the floppy said it was an 8139 driver.) However, I haven't
installed the driver for linux, I switched to the iMac for my linux
installation.

--

Chris Tillman
tillman@azstarnet.com