noflushd segfault (was Re: Spin down of pismo's Disk and sound)

"Josh Huber" <huber@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 11:27:53PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > is it in the meantime possible to let the disk spin down after a certain time
> > > of nonactivity? And how to educate it to nonactivity?
> >
> > man hdparm (the -S option IIRC). Switch off any service that you don't
> > absolutely need, maybe adjust bdflush parameters.
>
> Try:
>
> apt-get install noflushd
>
> which works well too.

This sounds like an excellent idea, but when I run apt-get I get a
segfault:

Setting up noflushd (2.4-2) ...
Starting No Flush Daemon: BUG at disk_info.c line 169: Unable to determine device dir at /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
/etc/init.d/noflushd: line 47:  1018 Segmentation fault      start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile /var/run/$NAME.pid --exec $DAEMON -- $PARAMS
noflushd.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
jas.