Re: mol comments

Hi,

Jonas Smedegaard writes:

> Why put debian-mol-modules-source/ in the root? [...]

> debian-mol-modules-source/changelog.blanko lacks a newline in the end.

> I was hoping you would have made the module-source hooking into
> kernel-package to make building it semi-automatic. [...]

Right now, the mol-modules-source package is one big kludge.  I'm
restructuring it, intending to make it work like other Debian packages
providing source code for kernel modules (such as alsa-source,
device3dfx-source, pcmcia-source).

Michel Dänzer writes:

> I have to admit I don't really care about this as I don't use kernel
> nor module packages.  All I'm asking for is not to impose a
> dependency on either.

IMHO the correct way of handling this is to recommend kernel-package
and provide instructions for building the modules both with and
without kernel-package.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je pézqbpbe le djuz tqtaj!