Re: Getting MOL running (was "Re: Power Management et. al.")

    MacOS needs its own separate address. Alternately you can set up linux to
    proxy for mol via an ethertap device.

I think i have 'ethertap' compiled into my 2.4.1 kernel, but just
setting the IP address to a locally unused one made it come up just
fine.  Even Netscape works (with or without using Junkbuster as a
proxy).  So now reliability is the big issue for me.

    There are options in the molrc file for remote X display -- notably the
    "use_backing_store" option.  Have you tried these?  (I haven't tried it
    myself, just wondering if they work.)

Yeah, thanks!  It gets farther now, but still fails, for reasons to be
covered in a separate message thread.  Thanks!

                                -- Tovar