Re: Power Management et. al.

On  19 Apr, this message from Michael Schmitz echoed through cyberspace:
>> Most problematic seem
>> to be the hdparm stuff. I've had my kernel complain a few times about
>> DMA IRQ timeout, resting IDE buses, and some such, when I experimented
>> with sleep.
>
> Did it stay hung forever, or did one or two IDE resets fix it?

It more or less recovered, but AFAIR the disk was in a slow PIO mode
after that (1,5 MB/s). But I had crashes as well.

>> > snooze -f works fine; the led comes on immediately, and it seems to
>> > wake up quickly when I press a key.
>>
>> Which means you're running a very recentish kernel from benh; those have
>> sleep suport for the TiBook. FYI, mine just crashed after aking it up
>> this way. Locked solid :-((
>
> You need to be running a very recent BenH kernel anyway. Even so, it might
> not work on all machines (or so I understood BenH). I'm waiting for BenH
> to declare sleep support on Pismo and later Powerbooks stable before
> updating pmud.

My current kernel is benh 2.4.4-pre3 from 2 days ago ;-). snooze -f made
the glowlight go on for the first time opn my TiBook. Yeah! ;-)

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |