Re: Power Management et. al.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> dunno, but doing a sync seems a good thing to do before going to sleep (I'll
> sync myself soon too :)).

:-)

> > echo 1 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation
> > echo 87 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode
> > echo 88 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode
>
> Oh, that's pretty straight forward. Where can I get a description of those
> numbers matching the keys on my keyboard?

I forgot but I think it was a console-tools program that shows the raw
kaycodes (the same one used when testing during install that you've chosen
the right keyboard?). Ask Tigert, he helped me out during GUADEC a week
ago.

> Anyways, another question about multimedia: Has anyone ever tried to watch
> DVDs under Linux/PPC? I fetched xine the other day (including Captain_CSS)
> and with a few changes to the Makefile I got it to compile. I saw that it can
> use multimedia codecs in Windows libraries through Wine libraries, something
> that will fail to build under other platforms. But the rest should work. I
> don't get it to run though. It complains about a malformed media resource
> locator (error 255) when I start it, although I just want it to play a plain
> mpeg movie, not even a DVD. Maybe somebody has experience with it?

vlc (VideoLAN Client) can read from DVD's as well. Haven't tried it yet
(have no DVD's myself) but it compiles cleanly on powerpc. I have .deb's
at http://debian.jones.dk/debian/local/auryn/ .

> > You can alienate an RPM or try to build it yourself (seems to be tricky).
>
> But where can I get it though? Haven't found it yet.

Source is listed at the official site: http://www.maconlinux.org/
Unofficial deb's: Read my last post ;-)

- Jonas

--