Re: Trouble booting Debian on Firewire iBook

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 07:13:44PM -0500, Brian Dunnette wrote:
> Okay... so I've (supposedly) gotten Debian installed on my iBook, and did the
> voodoo with the bootstrap partition (mkofboot --boot /dev/hda9 -m
> /target/etc/ofboot.b --root /dev/hda11 --partition 11).  When I try to do "boot hd:9" or "boot hd:9, yaboot", though, I get this message:

is this potato r0 ?  the /etc/ofboot.b is anchient crap.

> MAC-PARTS: LOAD (noninterposed) not supportedload-size=0 adler32=1
> LOAD-SIZE is too small

you need to do a:

boot hd:9,\\:tbxi

potato r2 and later ybin configures OF corrrectly.  in your case since
you did the partitioning right just reset your OpenFirmware
configuration to defaults and you will boot fine.

command option p r from a cold boot.

i highly recommend you upgrade your yaboot package to the one in r3
immediatly though.  let dpkg replace your /etc/yaboot.conf and reedit
it to match your system (teh bootloader files have moved).

> Any idea why this is?  Just for reference, here's my partitioning scheme:
>
> hda1-8: Apple stuff
> hda9: Apple_Bootstrap
> hda10: swap
> hda11: /