Re: ibook keyboard not correct under X

Jean-Noel Colin wrote:

I have successfully installed potato on my ibook indigo with a french
keyboard. I configured the keyboard properly under console mode (even
though I need to rerun kbdconfig each time I reboot), but under X, I
have some problems. All alphanumeric keys work properly, but
the backspace key does not work: I have to press shift-backspace to
get it work. However, in dialog windows, the backspace key acts as a
delete key!

Presumably you have tried all the usual tricks.  I had this problem
when I was trying to get X working too.  If nothing else works, you
could try recompiling X.  It worked for me, although I have no idea
why.

Cheers,

Kin Hoong