Re: Switching consoles (was Re: XFree4 on Pismo)

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 03:58:41PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >on the subject of using the Fn key to access the fucntion keys, I notied one
> >day when I first got my pismo that there was an opion in macos (I think I
> >read it in the little book that came with the pismo) that there is a way to
> >tell macos to reverse the function keys, so the F1-F12 work by default and
> >the function key is used to access the special features like screen
> >brightness and volume and such.

> There's a special ADB command to send to the keyboard to reverse them.

Isn't there also something set in OF that sets this.  I know that if I
change the control panel, the value sticks.  Does the keyboard controller
have its own memory, or is it part of OF initialization.

Of course, finding it in OF might be a lot more work than figuring out the
ADB command :-)

Dave Brown