Re: swapon

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 09:59:58AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> I just upgraded my G4/AGP from 256M to 512M ram. I had 255M swap
> (which I have now increased to 1.2G of swap). I am finding that with
> 512M I get random hangs on the swapon -a in my rc.sysinit. This
> is with either 255M or 1.2G of swap and with either all the ram
> or mem=256M. This problem never occurred when I had less ram.
> I am using the current Linux 2.4.4pre1 kernel from bitkeeper.
> I am currently using the stock rawhide srpms on my machine.
> Someone said that I should switch to Debian because it was
> the only distro with a properly working utils-linux. Do you know
> where I can get the ppc specific patches Debian has applied to
> utils-linux to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

 Try http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/u/util-linux/
 get the .diff.gz and the .orig.tar.gz.  (The .dsc has the PGP signatured
md5 hashes, and the package info).  The multiple available versions are from
the multiple releases of Debian: stable, testing, and unstable.  Also, some
archs are at different versions than others.  The powerpc binary packages
are version 2.10s-2 (stable), and 2.11a-2 (unstable and testing).  Most other
archs are at 2.11b-2.  To get the source for the powerpc Debian package
that's current, grab the 2.11a tarball and 2.11a-2 diff.  (the -2 is the
debian package version, the 2.11a is the upstream version.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y