Re: 604e's suck (was Yaboot Config Question)

I don't have the technical background to follow a lot of this thread,
but I've been studying pthreads, and it seems that whether a certain
process gets executed more quickly on a multiprocessor computer depends
on how well the process uses threads for concurrency. So in a
compilation scenario, a make that can issue several compilation steps at
once would be ideal. Does make (or I guess the compiler) take advantage
of multiple threads, or is there some other strategy being used?

I hope this isn't a stupid question :-)

-- Taro