Re: new input layer and mouse button emulation

* Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@mit.edu>, 20010328 12:02 +0200:
> Andre Berger wrote:
>
> > #/etc/sysctl.conf
> > dev.mac_hid.mouse_button2_keycode = 76
> > dev.mac_hid.mouse_button3_keycode = 127
> > dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation = 1
> >
> > (and rebooted; /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse* are set to these values)
> >
> > Those keycodes are mapped to my keypad-enter (btn2) and the power button
> > (btn3) on my keyboard, on the consoles. On X, the same keys are mapped
> > to 84/135 (I re-checked with showkey and xev). This setup worked with
> > adb_buttons=76,127 with my old kernel and gpm.
>
> Right.  The "Linux" mapping is different from the ADB mapping.  See
> /usr/include/linux/input.h for keycodes to use there.
>
> For all the gory details: http://homepages.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html
>
> I know, very confusing, lots of breakage for a potato upgrade, etc.  Apologies for
> the headache, the decision apparently seemed like a good one at the time.  In the
> long term, everyone will make the change anyway, but perhaps the Debian PPC kernels
> should have waited for other packages to catch up (e.g. makedev, bug #87854).
>
> HTH,
>
> -Adam P.

It did! Changed the mapping to btn2=96 btn3=116, everything works
beautifully again. So no reason to go back to ADB. Is there any
documentation for the whole stuff also distributed with the kernel
itself?

Patrice: It does work on the 3400 (gpm, X).

Thank you.
-Andre

Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]