Re: kde-designer...

Michael D Sobotta wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Patrice LaFlamme wrote:
>
> > Wee, another slightly broken package :)
> >
> > kde-designer depends on libqt2.2-dev
> >
> > but libqt2.2-dev actually installs as libqt-dev, hence kde-designer can't
> > install.
> >
> > (I don't use kde anyways, just thought I'd let you know :)  )
>
>   The version of kde-designer (2.2.4-2) currently available for powerpc
> does depend on libqt2.2 and libqt2.2-dev. However, there is a source
> version (2.3.0-final-1) out there that depends on libqt2 (>=
> 2:2.3.0-final-0) and libqt-dev (>= 2:2.3.0-final-0) but guess what,
> those aren't available on powerpc yet either (we are sitting at
> 2:2.3.0-beta1-3). libqt-dev provides and replaces libqt2.2-dev.
>   Not sure what the problem is, maybe just autobuilder lag.

Probably. Unfortunately, it seems to be down again :(

> If anyone is interested I'll give compiling these a shot

Good luck, looks like another C++ memory killer...

> though I can't seem to find some of the Build-Deps (libgl-dev and libz-dev).

xlibmesa-dev and zlib1g-dev, respectively. Didn't apt-get show you a choice of
packages which provide those virtual ones? APT 0.5.x has a build-dep function
which installs build-dependencies BTW. :)