Re: What ethernet HW is in the TiBook??

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 03:08:26PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> I've had reports that the ethernet PHY of the TiBook was not recognized by
> the current kernel.

It does complain about "Unknown PHY".

> I suggest you try my "devel" kernel (rsync from penguinppc.org::linux-
> 2.4-benh).
> I added some "generic" code for unknown PHYs that may help.

It now says "Unknown PHY [...] using generic mode". I now get full
duplex and 100 Mbps where I used to have half duplex and 10 Mbps.

> With some luck, sleep should also work with this kernel (it works fine on my
> Pismo now).

My TiBook goes to sleep... it just doesn't wake up. I hit space to wake
it but all that happened was the pulsating sleep light turned off.

Oddly, the last two times I've tried it the same thing happened, except
that the sleep light never came on.

pmud reports in /var/log/syslog:

PMU version 12: iBook
Sleep for this PMU unsupported: will shutdown the machine on sleep request

pmud is version 0.7-3, in case it matters.

-grant

--
Grant Hollingworth / grant@antiflux.org / http://okcomputer.antiflux.org