Re: init error in loading shared libs

Anton Hohenreuther wrote:

> I´ve got a G4/350 and tried to install the debian potato 2.2 on my
> interal harddrive /dev/hda. Booting form CD an following the
> install-menu is no problem so far.
> After reboot I gave this line behind boot: debian root = /dev/hda7
> It starts to boot but then I get the following error:
>
> init error in loading shared libraries /lib/libc.so.6 no such file ...

Looks like something went wrong during the install... That file is needed by
every C binary not statically linked (all but a few exceptions). I have:

root@pismo> ll /lib/libc.so.6
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Mar 23 16:50 /lib/libc.so.6 ->
libc-2.2.2.so*

You'll probably have to use the init=/bin/sash trick mentioned in another
recent thread and fix that link if libc-2.2.2.so is there. If not, reinstall.