Re: network install problems on 7200/90

Yes, I have had this problem. The short answer is: MACE is completely
broken in recent 2.2 and 2.4 kernels. It seems to be able to send 1-2
packets before failing with "lost a status word". These few initial
packets allow DHCP to work ok, while everything else fails.

I don't know how to fix it, although I remember using MACE on Linux
fine back in 1998 (don't ask me which kernel!), and NetBSD and Mac OS
work fine.

Perhaps this will spark some discussion to the root cause, as I would
like to use Debian on my old 604-upgraded 7500!

Adam