Re: Is libc6 OK on powerpc?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 12:51:02AM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:

> gcc  main.o init.o events.o tools.o screens.o game.o editor.o files.o
> cartoons.o libgame/libgame.a -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer -L/usr/lib -lSDL
> -lpthread  -lm -o ../mirrormagic
> libgame/libgame.a(gadgets.o): In function HandleGadgetTags':
> gadgets.o(.text+0x9f8): undefined reference to __va_arg_type_violation'
> gadgets.o(.text+0x9f8): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24
> __va_arg_type_violation
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [../mirrormagic] Error 1

I've seen similar errors in the past while compiling KDE, but in that case
the libraries were dynamically linked, so it didn't show up until runtime.
Alas, I never did figure out what caused it.

I would be very interested in finding out what is causing this error.  I
just reproduced the same error, but am at a loss as to how to fix it.
Sorry I can't be any more helpful.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/