what is minor number for /dev/fd0u1440?

I have just installed potato on a PowerMachintosh G3.

I have written big files on multifloppies with:

tar cvMf /dev/fd0 filename

on a Linux on x86 (fast internet) and can't installs them on

the G3 because it tries to read past the end of the disk

(2880 sector to 2889 get errors, and I need to reboot after that)

Manpages about fd and minor numbers in /dev don't fit.

There is no /dev/fd0u1440 AND I WANT ONE,

because I have everytime problems with getfdprm, it get's

Unknown error 505 (I think to remember)

Look's like a bug with swim3?