Please help a complete newbie

I have heard great things about Debian PPC. Problem is I can't figure out how to get the .... thing working!

That is, I have d'led the 2.2 directory, and the rescue, root, ramdisk, drivers and HFS boot disk, however I cannot figure out what to do with them.

My Beige (oldworld) G3 will not write a disk from the .bin images.
I made a floppy from the HFS disk image, but I just get a crossed out symbol in a blank screen.

Please help!

I have a 2GB partition set aside that I can use as a Linux install partition, and an 8GB disk for the actual install.

I have read the dox over and over and cannot seem to work out what to do.

Will someone please either point me to a step-by-step description for a dummy, or give me one from their own experience???

Thanks
--
Regards
Ken