Re: Gnome trouble: No panel

Eric, you may have mentioned this earlier and I may have missed it but how are you getting into X? Are you running "startx" (or "XFree86"), "xdm" or "gdm"? It sounds to me like you aren't using GNOME session management and your answer to the previous question will help qualify that.

--

Cheers,
      Craige.