Re: initscripts

Damien GUIHAL wrote

I've just installed a Debian 2.2r2on a G4-400 Black&white, but the thing is that have only a single button mouse.

On a web page (http://www.linux-france.org/article/materiel/mac/ , sorry but it's in french) I've read that we can emulate 2nd and 3rd button mouse in the kernel.

But now i'd like toput this instructions into an initscript to have them been executed automatically... And I can't find any of the /etc/rc.d/rc.(sysconfig, ...) script that I usually fond on my other Mandrake7.2/i386), is anyone can tell me if these bootscripts exists and where i can find them?

I don't know what kind of script you need. For my iMac with the new input layer, I just need to set some variables in /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid. In this case, instead of creating a new script, you can just add appropriate lines to /etc/sysctl.conf. In my debian, for example, I use

dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation=1
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button2_keycode=55
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button3_keycode=98

to emulate the 2nd and 3rd mouse button with / and * on the numeric keypad (assume linux_keycodes are enabled for the input layer).

Gianluca