Re: Email client and conversion from Netscape Mail on win32

* Colin Walters <walters@cis.ohio-state.edu>, 20010309 10:25 +0100:
> Andre Berger <uzscd5@uni-bonn.de> writes:
>
> > Could you perhaps tell how to make Gnus use mbox format by default?
> > (serious question of course)
>
> Gnus 5.8 has the "nnmbox" backend, so which I assume reads and writes
> mbox files.

Theoretically yes. But it doesn't work with anything else but ML (here),
and I can't find examples in the manual except for that it's supposed to
work.

> Using nnml is a lot nicer though.  I hear mutt even groks
> nnml folders now.  Did you read the manual?  The node "Getting Mail"
> describes how to set things up.

MH written by Mutt isn't recognized by Gnus (here, and that's also
how I understood the manual).

> Also, there's the gnu.emacs.gnus newsgroup, as well as the
> ding@gnus.org mailing list for help.

Thank you, I'll keep trying. I think Lisp is a pain.

Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]