Re: Hear CDAudio on debianPPC

MaX in the FaX wrote:

> the player work, but the mixer cannot control the volume of cdaudio.

You mean you get no audio.  That is becuase it uses a digital connection.  Try
the newest version of xmms w/ the CDAudio plugin.

> Xmms work fine (the integrated volume control don't work, so I need to
> change it from Mixer.)

The ESound output plugin allows xmms to control the volume level.  The OSSound
output plugin does not allow xmms to control the volume.

> Another related problem is that no audio signal out from the speakers.

>From anything?

> I suspect that the unit cdrom use the digital output.

Yes.

> There is a way to hear cdrom and control all sound section of my iMac?

Yes.  See previous.

This is extremely well documented.  Please check the list archives.

HTH
--Nelson Abramson