Re: Q: double Boot for SMP 7300

That would explain it, because the youngest macos I have is 8.1.  I
take it that the latest dual G4s are a different architecture?

If he doesn't change kernels a lot he can use the boot floppy
method, which works rather reliably, ie., whenever you want to boot
linux push the floppy into the drive and have it boot the kernel
from there.  I used that quite happily on my 7200 until I finally
got around the stuffit chicken/egg puzzle.