Re: X-problems on a Power PC 8500

Michel Dänzer writes:
 > Dieter Faulbaum wrote:
 >
 > > After 10 minutes idle time the X-server (3.3.6) ends with the fatal
 > > server error shown below.
 > >
 > > Can anyone tell me where I can change `the 10 minutes' to
 > > `nonterminating'?
 >
 > [...]
 >
 > > Fatal server error:
 > > fbdevUpdateColormap: FBIOPUTCMAP failed (Function not implemented)
 >
 > Is this the screensaver bug? If yes, 'xset s off' should be a workaround.

Thanks, this workaround helps (a lot)!

But I think it's really only a workaround because when I switch from
the X-session vt to another vt the (e.g. gnome-) session crashes und
the gdm will be started again.

That's not nice ;-)
Is it a sensible alternative action to upgrade to woody?

--
                                                          \____ __
Dieter Faulbaum                                               o/  \