Re: Q: double Boot for SMP 7300

>there is always quikboot, works fine on my machine. For setting OF
>parameters, check the manpage of 'nvsetenv'. You will find usefull
>information there.
>
>Unfortunately, when booting MacOS, they like to erase the OF settings to
>default. There is a program called systemdisk. I found very useful
>information about OF on the netbsd.org homepage under PowerPC. They have
>also patches for buggy OF's.

No, when using miBoot, the problem is that the boot setting is not OF
one, it's the MacOS boot partition info in the PRAM that must be changed,
and the format is weird, it's a cooked value returned by the MacOS driver
for this disk that is stored there, and compared to what all drivers
return during boot to pick a boot one.

I'll look into adding a feature to miBoot that would display a list of
all available disks/partitions and change the default boot setting.

Ben.