Re: Debian on RS/6000 B50

Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Feb 27, German Poo Caaman~o <gpoo@ubiobio.cl> wrote:
>  >I only want install Debian.
> Then please search the archive for this mailing list on
> lists.debian.org, I explained many times what you have to do.

I had search by 'Marco' on powerpc, but I got instructions
for B50 (YDL).  But the boot disk proposed (mainly with
zImage from 2.2 kernel series) doesn't work in a 44P-170
because it need chrp64.  Furthermore, YDL can't boot it.

I had tried a sort of kernel images and I had compiled a
sort of other ones.  The problem doesn't resides in howto
boot it or how to install debian over another distribution.
It resides on get something installed.

With SuSE I've get more than I expected, but I can't get
any shell and the network install fail although I mirrored
the full ppc tree.  The computer doesn't have any graphic
card, only a terminal whithout 'Alt' key.

So, the last chance will be build a minimal set of programs
to get a terminal, and then build manually all on hard
disk.  I can't buy SuSE distribution by myself (It should
be pay around US$200 with shipment and customs).

Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thanks.

--
German Poo Caaman~o