Re: debian-powerpc: I can't find pmud

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 10:28:28PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > I tried searching packages at http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages.  I
> > entered "pmud" and chose options of distriubution=any and section=any.
> > There was nothing found.  I think the search engine is broken.
>
> That's hardly surprising. The search engine has been broken (for $Arch !=
> i386) from Day 1. Only recently have some feeble attempts been made to fix
> it.
>
> I prefer searching the ftp directories (or the Packages files) directly
> any day. (And I prefer downloading a package from unstable manually to
> install it by dpkg to mucking with sources.list only temporarily any day
> as well.)

But since package pools and the advent of testing, are ftp directories
considered fiable ?

i have, in the early days of testing, been trying to track if my packages had
made it to testing, not finding them under
ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing, but being told that they are in testing
by someone who just had apt pointing on testing and upgraded.

Friendly,

Sven Luther