Re: debian-powerpc: I can't find pmud

Brendan J Simon said at ÒRe: debian-powerpc: I can't find
pmudÓ.
[27/Feb/01Tue 10:08]

> Paul Kimber wrote:
>
> >> I found it in testing and unstable only by updating my
> >> /etc/apt/sources.list file and doing an apt-get
> update.
> >> I didn't really
> >> want to do that but now I have taken the plunge.
> >
> > change /etc/apt/sources.list back to stable and run apt-
> get
> > update again. You should be back to normal then.
>
> Is this going to work *after* I've done an "apt-get dist-
> upgrade" ???

No it wouldn't. if you had just upgraded a couple of
packages it would.

> Is there such a thing as an "apt-get dist-downgrade" or
> is it the same
> thing as having only references to stable in the
> sources.list and doing
> an "apt-get dist-upgrade" ???

hmmm, may be possible. if you look through the man page for
apt-get, I'm sure there was a switch to force apt to use
older versions of packages.
Purely speculation though - I wouldn't want to try it :0

cheers,
paul