Re: Debian on RS/6000 B50

On Feb 23, tom_gall@vnet.ibm.com wrote:

 >For the B50 you should be able to use a CHRP kernel and get that to work.
The problem is that the original CHRP boot disk for potato is ext2
instead of FAT, and OF can't load the kernel. Even after manually
extracting the kernel it does not boot on a B50, I think it's too old.

 >However I don't know that alot of effort making sure the RS/6000 set of machines
 >are able to run with a Debian install. Hopefully so 8-).
I successfully installed debian on my B50 using the yellowdog kernel,
and did not find any other problem in the debian boot disks.

--
ciao,
Marco