Re: BootX and the Stuffit Fiasco.

At 02:46 +0100 2/23/2001, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
If I get some time tomorrow, I'll repackage it as a macbinary, and a
tarball containing a macbinary. All versions of stuffit (included with
macos) and other free tools can decode macbinary (but not all versions of
stuffit can decode the tarball and that's the only expander actually
bundled with the OS).

AppleSingle was a nice idea, but the standard is really macbinary and it
is more widely supported.

Ben.

If you wish to avoid even free (beer) utilities for decoding MacBinary, Paul Schinder has written a module to decode MacBinary and BinHex files with MacPerl.

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Mac-Conversions

Kevin