Re: Debian Potato on G4/AGP

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 05:45:27PM +0100, Martin Svensson wrote:
> Thanks, i will try that as soon as possible. But How do i start linux after
> the installation? Must i install yaboot in my system folder?

of course not, yaboot is not BootX, its not a MacOS program, its an
OpenFirmware program, it does not belong on your macos disk or in your
macos system folder.

please partition your disk with a 800K Apple_Bootstrap partition as
described here: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc/mac-fdisk-basics.txt

also follow the debian installation instructions, they explain the
mkofboot command you need to run before you reboot the system, it will
initialize and install the bootstrap onto the bootstrap partition,
making your system bootable.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/