Re: XF 4.0.2 and Rage 128 PR

Gianluca Amato wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a new user of Debian/PPC, although I used Debian/i386 for a long
> time... and it was a much easier time :-)
>
> Now, I have an iMac rev. D (I think).. it is a blue iMac, with a G3
> 350Mhz and an ATI Rage 128 PR (according to lspci).  I can use the Rage

Nope, all the rev'ed iMacs have an ATI Rage Pro. It's probably a plain
iMac (no Firewire, CD-Rom), iMac DV (Cd-Rom but Firewire) or DV+/SE (DVD
and Firewire).

> 128 in XFree 4 with the frame bruffer driver, but it seems it doesn't
> work with the r128 driver. Actually, looking at the initial messages of
> the r128 and at the source code in the 4.0.2 release, it seems that RAGE
> 128 PR is the only variant of Rage 128 which is not supported. Now, I

sudo lspci | grep ATI
00:10.0 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 PR

And I'm running X4.0.2 right now.

> wonder if it is really different from a Rage 128 PF (which IS supported)
> or if it possible to fix the problem by just patching the code so that
> PR and PF are treated in the same way. Does anyone have a clue on this?

Try the driver options:
Option "ProgramFPRegs" "Yes"
or
Option      "UseFBDev"

And it should work correctly

I put up my XF86Config on my website as well:
http://www.hadess.net/files/ppc/XF86Config.imacDV2k.X402

Hope this helps

--
/Bastien Nocera