XFree 4.0.2 on Pismo

I've made another attempt to get XF 4.0.2 running on my G3 Powerbook (Pismo).

I downloaded the 4.0.2-4 deb packages from the pool area and installed those.

I'm running kernel version 2.4.2-pre3 (airport and sound works!)

I have "video=aty128fb:vmode:10:depth:8:" in my /etc/yaboot.conf

My XF86Config is at http://www.unixguru.org/~grant/XF86Config.txt

When I start X up, I get a wierd plasma looking screen with changing colors.
I can't kill X with Ctrl-Alt-Delete.  I have to power the powerbook off :(

I don't have any XFree logs since the machine locks up once I go into X.

I would appreciate any help you can give.

--

--Grant Miller   grant at unixguru dot org

 I don't have to take this abuse from you -- I've got hundreds of
 people waiting to abuse me.
             -- Bill Murray, "Ghostbusters"