Re: modem not working

Hi,

just installed Debian again, and now with the original kernel the pppd
starts correctly. Must be a 2.4 bug?

However, when booting, my kernel shows two lines like:
tty00 at 0x3013020 (irq=15) is a 28530 ESCC, port = modem
tty01 at 0x3013000 (irq=16) is a 28530 ESCC, port = printer

But when I look in /dev/, there are no tty00 and tty01. So why this kernel
message? And, how can I create those when needed?

Thanks,
Sebastiaan