Re: help

Last time I was at sun.com getting staroffice, there were sources available as well.  It's pretty big bunch of source or binaries, hey it's supposed to compete with Office, right?  ~:^)  The binary that you download comes packaged as a self installing binary, something you don't see too often on Linux.  I don't recall seeing it for PPC, but I would say that there are a couple of other options in Debian which are viable, IMHO.  Two are: abiword and lyx (OK, I've tried lyx, it was sufficient for me, but I'm not all that demanding on word processors, also it is a frontend for LaTex).  Heck, "netscape -composer" does vitually everything I need.