G4 cube 2.2r2 install stalled...

I'm trying to get Debian 2.2r2 installed on a G4 cube.

After a couple of false starts, I've gotten to the point
where Debian is apparently installed on my system, but
the system won't boot from the hard drive.

Here's what I did:
   - Booted off a CD
   - Set up the following partitions:
        /dev/hda4 (10MB)   /boot
        /dev/hda5 (500MB)  /
        /dev/hda6 (1GB)    /usr
        /dev/hda7 (2GB)    /var
        /dev/hda8 (16GB)   /home
        /dev/hda9          swap
   - Installed the base system
   - Section 7.17.1 in the installation manual indicates that
     I should use yaboot as my bootloader, so I executed a shell
     and did the following:

# ofpath /dev/hda
hd:
# mkofboot --boot /dev/hda4 -m /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot --root /dev/hda5
           --partition 5
Make an HFS partition on /dev/hda4? [y/N] y
#

Then I rebooted.

When I boot into OpenFirmware (Cmd-Opt-O-F) and
type boot, I get a "Can't find bootable partition error".

What did I do wrong?

Please bear in mind that I know very little about Macs... :-)

Thanks,

Jeremy