Re: 2.4 and airport

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 01:56:16PM +0100, Olaf Grewe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> from looking at the various pages on airport/wavelan, I got that there
> have been only few problems lately, so none was updated.
> I'd like to change to 2.4 but would hate to loose my airport connection.
> Could anyone provide me with helpful comments for building my own kernel
> w/ airport support? I currently use 2.2.17preXX on a PowerBook Firewire.

well I use an airport card quite happily from 2.4.* kernels. There is an in
kernel airport driver, I have not used iut however, using ben's I had to
make one or two changes to make it compile, but all has been fine since, see
a message about this with a quick and dirty patch to make it compile I sent
to linuxppc-dev a few weeks ago.

Anyway it all works and there are no problems as far as I can tell.

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh