Re: Dvorak keymap

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 01:05:38PM -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Really???  On an ADB keyboard?  How did you do it?
>
> I have been trying to do this for a long time, and recently gave up hope when
> someone said on this list that the caps lock key on ADB keyboards doesn't
> generate key-up events, which would be kinda necessary for using it as ctrl
> (unless it were simply ctrl-lock).

Hmm, I'm not sure about the ADB keyboards, but I *really* wish the
PowerBook keyboards weren't broken in this respect.  Not only that but
both shift keys are tied to the same scancode, as are both option
keys.  suck!  anyone know if the new powerbooks have a better
keyboard?

FYI, the new apple USB "pro keyboard" is pretty nice:  swapping
ctrl/caps lock works great, and all the modifier keys generate
seperate scancodes.

--
Josh Huber                                   | huber@debian.org |
                                             | Debian Developer |