Re: 4.0.2 for pismo - open problems

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 01:03:40AM +0900, Joongul Lee wrote:

> Anyway, you can copy the file I attached at the end, save it as
> /etc/init.d/mouse_buttons, make it executable and do ln -s
> /etc/init.d/mouse_buttons /etc/rcS.d/mouse_buttons. Now ftn-11 and ftn-12
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is not correct, your script will not be started unless it starts
with an S followed by a number, for example:

S36mouse_buttons

this starts your script right after the filesystems are mounted, if
you start it earlier it will fail since /proc is not mounted yet.

instead of using ln -s use update-rc.d -f mouse_buttons start 36 S .

another comment on your script, it does not appear to enable linux
keycodes which i believe is required for the mouse button emulation to
work properly.  perhaps you configured your kernel to enable that by
default though?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/