Re: X on G4 with ATI Rage 128 Pro and LCD Panel

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 02:30:56PM +0100, Stefan Kluth wrote:
> which seems to be the right thing. Now I find out which tools X needs to
> build, like bison, flex etc. Unfortunately, I haven't yet found a way to
> restart the build where it left off after a make error, I always restart
> from square one by doing the apt-get ... command again. I am sure that
> there is a better way of doing this ... I tried to go to
> xfree86-4.0.2/build-tree/xc and doing "make" there but that wouldn't cut
> it. At least the 500 MHz G4 is fast.

well you can at least save yourself the download,
apt-get source packagename

this puts the source in the directory you are ion, make a backup of this
source as the build process modifies the tarballs usually (unless you
specify otherwise in the rules file)

then go into the directory it put the package stuff in and type
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

I however still dont know how to make dpkg-buildpackage not do a make
distclean before running again, I know it is possible as I watched wikhert
do it the other day, I just missed the command he used to do it, so you are3
still stuck compiling from the start, at least you wont be downloading it
each time. Of course apt may be smart enough to notice it is the same verson
of source and not redownload (apt tends to do that sort of thing)

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/