Re: Dvorak keymap

Bruce McIntyre wrote:

> I have hacked together a Dvorak keymap (console) for the extended
> apple keyboard. How do I submit it to the Debian project for
> improvement/criticism. (my debian system is limping along so I can
> not test it as much as I might like, see my SCSI woe message). I am
> very much a newbie, but want to contribute to Debian (even in the
> smallest possible way).
> I made this because I did not realise that the keymap files were not
> abstracted from the drivers (is this a problem?). I found out the
> hard way that the 'regular' x86 Dvorak layout made the mac keyboard
> rather random... :-)

They are if you don't use "Keyboard sends Linux keycodes". If you did,
you could use x86 keymaps with only very minor changes.
Linux 2.6 (or 3.0) will definitely remove all the differences between
architectures, thanks to the new input layer.

Check http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html and
http://www.suse.cz/development/input/ for more infos.

> It would be nice to have dvorak available in the default debian install.

That's sick =P

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera