Re: X starts, but it displays strange things

[the X server log looks like there should be no problem, do you get the X
cursor and can you move it with the mouse??]

> And here is the output of fbset -x
>

> Mode "800x600"
>     # D: 40.000 MHz, H: 37.879 kHz, V: 60.317 Hz
>     DotClock 40.001
>     HTimings 800 858 986 1056
>     VTimings 600 601 605 628
>     Flags    "+HSync" "+VSync"    # Warning: XFree86 doesn't support accel
>

> EndMode

What I'm using for 800x600 (on the Lombard, but the panel timing
requirements might be similar) is a tiny bit different:

Mode "800x600lombard"
    DotClock 40.0
    HTimings 800 840 968 1056
    VTimings 600 601 605 628
    Flags    "+hsync" "+vsync"
EndMode

The hsync pulse is a tiny bit longer and the flags are different
(really?). Try your fbset generated mode in the Monitor section first, if
that doesn't help try my settings.

	Michael