Re: X starts, but it displays strange things

Charles Brunet wrote:

>     SubSection  "extmod"
>       Option    "omit xfree86-dga"   # don't initialise the DGA extension
>     EndSubSection

*Sigh* this doesn't seem to ever go away... This is an example for how one can
disable single extensions in the extmod module. Most people want DGA though.

> (II) R128(0): Using flat panel for display

If it really does, that might be a problem. You can try

    Option "ProgramFPRegs" "off"

But I don't expect that to be the problem.

> And here is the output of fbset -x
>
> Mode "800x600"
>     # D: 40.000 MHz, H: 37.879 kHz, V: 60.317 Hz
>     DotClock 40.001
>     HTimings 800 858 986 1056
>     VTimings 600 601 605 628
>     Flags    "+HSync" "+VSync"    # Warning: XFree86 doesn't support accel
>
> EndMode

Can you try sticking this into the Monitor Section?

Michel