Re: IDE-problems

 >: >
 >: > there's no timeout in normal cases without extended fsck'ing,
 >: > so I think benh's modifications do prevent lost interrupts etc.
 >:
 >: No problem here on Lombard with the 'same' kernel. Forced crash, you say -
 >: how so, and how would be rebooting from a crash differ from just booting
 >: using yaboot?
 >:

:)

in my case there was a problem with 2.2.16, sometimes lost interrupts, especially during boot when pmud told hdparm to do "-d1 -p -S 0 /dev/hda" _after_ a solid lock due to a simple 'stty < ttyS2'

If it was rebooting after a normal shutdown there was no dma2 problem.

Andre's and Raf's dma2-pb3400 issues may vary a little bit.

2.2.17pre13-ben2 handles this situation with timeout=10000 and ..
	you know it better for ide-pmac.c, Michael ;)

Besides, Andreas' serial patch in this kernel has given me back my pcmcia modem.
--
Yours, ce