Re: USB mouse

Michael Schmitz wrote:

> No idea on the Pismo, but the Lombard needs a kernel patch to resolve PCI
> resource conflicts with 2.2 kernels that lead to XFree disabling the video
> chip PCI region, resulting in a kernel crash when the X server calls on the
> frame buffer driver to set color maps.

Fortunately, the OF on Pismos doesn't set up overlapping memory regions, so
this is a non-issue.

> If you want to give XFree 4.01 a test drive I can pack up my X server and
> the loadable modules plus a sample XF86Config to install over the regular
> 3.3.x install

I have tarballs at http://n.ethz.ch/student/daenzerm/download/XFree86

They're labeled 4.0, but they're really 4.0b or d, which is not quite
up-to-date but should work well on a Pismo.

> (no real debs, unless I can fake a deb out of my install somehow).

If you manage to do that, I'm interested :)

Michel

--
0 and 1. Now what could be so hard about that?
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS