Re: USB mouse

> > Thanks, but that's only for 2.2.17preX - I have the mouse working now, turned
> > out I had to plug it into the other USB socket (the lower one). Is this normal
> > or a bug?
>
> It works for me on both ports, even if I "hot-swap" it while X is running.

It sometimes did act up on my Lombard if plugged into the top port, and
started working when I used the bottom one, but it's a while since I
noticed it (probably around 2.2.12).

> > Should be a much better experience than Xpmac...
>
> Well, Xpmac is painless and I tried the FBDev X server but that was much
> slower and I didnt have the time to start playing with it.
>
> For XF4 I am waiting for .deb's - Xpmac seems to work really well for my

XFree86 4.01 debs won't be out for a while, and they probably won't
include the experimental PPC stuff. No idea on the Pismo, but the Lombard
needs a kernel patch to resolve PCI resource conflicts with 2.2 kernels
that lead to XFree disabling the video chip PCI region, resulting in a
kernel crash when the X server calls on the frame buffer driver to set
color maps.

The accelerated 4.01 server is a lot faster than fbdev, and faster than
Xpmac from all accounts. Plus you have the usual options to configure
additional pointer devices.

If you want to give XFree 4.01 a test drive I can pack up my X server and
the loadable modules plus a sample XF86Config to install over the regular
3.3.x install (no real debs, unless I can fake a deb out of my install
somehow).

	Michael