Re: IDE-problems

> New hypothesis: generic too short timeout - please increase timeout to
> 5000 in wait_for_ready.

There may be something here.  I just updated to 2.2.17 as packaged in
frozen (compile date of Jul 18th).  I got some form of the usual IDE
errors on boot, from which it finally recovered, which included some error
messages about wait_for_ready.

unfortunately I'm not in a position to be compiling kernels at the moment
so perhaps some other brave PB3400 user can try uping the timeout and
report...

-raf