Re: xconfigurator or something

Cameron wrote:

> Well, wouldn't using X 4 kinda screw with the dependencies in the package
> tree? Like, wouldn't apt try to install over some stuff later thinking I
> don't have X or I don't have the most up to date X?

That only happens if you allow apt to upgrade your system (I haven't been able to
test this with my ppc boxen as I have no bandwith right now to install debian, but my
friend running debian on his PII has it working fine.  He did have to compile it from
source).

You will have to keep a watchful eye on apt though.  You can always uninstall all of
the X stuff before installing the source for XFree86 v4, which might help out with
apt trying to "upgrade" your system...but I'm not sure of the best way to approach
it...

HTH
--Nelson Abramson

--