Mouse Emulation Fixed

okay.  I figured this out after several hours of digging through web pages.
with the new layer, you can tell the proc file system to emulate the mouse buttons,
but you have to use the linux keymaps.  there's a link from benh's page to
someone else's page that explains this.  the practical upshot is that if you
execute 'echo "87" > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode" it'll turn f11
into mouse button 2, and if you use 88 instead of 87 and 3 instead of 2, it'll
turn f12 into button three.  I don't know if this requires the kernel options to be
passed, though I just found out that from the list that I should NOT be using a semicolon
to separate kernel arguments.  but anyway.  this is the little known info (I assume) that
I could not find mentioned in any of the lists.

all I have left to do is get the airport card working.  benh's driver compiles fine,
but I keep getting "airport.o: unresolved symbol isa_io_base"
Christopher Sanner   | mailto:csanner@tux.org
Phone  :703-409-1144 | Fax   :703-889-1060
Linux SysAdmin to WinStar Telecommunications through VistaRMS
Vice President and Co-Founder MasonLUG
finger csanner@boudicca.tux.org for pgp key and geek code block

Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware